Benefits of NutraBio Vitamin C 1000mg with Rose Hips
- Maintains healthy bones, teeth and gums.
- Enhances immune system function.
- Protect fat-soluble Vitamins A and E and fatty acids from oxidation.
- Has anti-oxidant properties.
- Aids in fighting off pathogens and free radicals.Vitamin C is one of nature's most powerful antioxidants, working to protect the body from harmful free radical molecules. It's found in some concentration in fruits and vegetables; however citrus fruits, strawberries, cantaloupe, tomatoes, broccoli, potatoes and leafy greens are the best sources.
Vitamin C provides antioxidant protection for many of the body's important enzyme systems. White blood cells (neutrophils) utilize vitamin C to help produce cytotoxic enzymes which they use to eliminate foreign matter. It also helps strengthen collagen, a major connective protein. Vitamin C also plays an important role in the p450 enzyme detoxification systems.* NutraBio Vitamin C contains 1000 mg of 100% natural ascorbic acid plus 65 mg of Rose Hips, a plant source containing naturally occurring Vitamin C, anthocyanins and bioflavonoids.
As a water-soluble vitamin, vitamin C is not stored in the body and must be regularly replaced through diet or supplementation (the body cannot make it on its own). Deficiency is rare, but smoking, stress and certain illnesses can cause reduced levels. Supplementing with vitamin C may help strengthen the immune system.
One study conducted on Vitamin C at the Methodist Hospital in Brooklyn, New York, found significant reductions in blood levels of histamine after people took 1,000 milligrams of Vitamin C for three consecutive days. An Italian study found that people with hay fever, who had taken 2,000 milligrams of Vitamin C daily, were better able to maintain the volume of air they could exhale.
Vitamin C is one of nature's most powerful antioxidants, working to protect the body from harmful free radical molecules. NutraBio Vitamin C contains 1000 mg of natural ascorbic acid with 65 mg of Rose Hips, a plant source containing naturally occurring Vitamin C, anthocyanins and bioflavonoids. Vitamin C is important in forming collagen, a protein that gives structure to bones, cartilage, muscle, and blood vessels. Vitamin C also aids in the absorption of iron, and helps maintain capillaries, bones, and teeth. Vitamin C plays an essential role in your body's immune system.